5/06/2009

Footloose and Hair Free

Well, color me surprised. When I came out of work yesterday, my phone informed me that I had a plethora of missed calls. Most were from the hub and my mom, but one number I didn't recognize. I listened to the voicemail and it said, "Hi Amanda, this is AJ from 97.1 ZHT. I need you to call me back as soon as possible on this direct line: xxx-xxx-xxxx." I remembered that I had entered a contest a few weeks ago, but had assumed the winner had already been picked. Nonetheless, I hurriedly called back.

He proceeded to inform me that I had indeed won the grand prize. What did I win, you ask, and how did I win it? Well, I had to write an essay on something in my life that I always thought would be permanent but turned out not to be. I chose to be kind of creative and write about Rubio's eyesight. Apparently it worked for them and they have awarded me with $1500 toward laser hair removal. lol.

Now I just have to figure out how to get to Salt Lake City to pick it up between the hours of 12:30-5pm. Great.

3 comments:

  1. The DJ's name was AJ? Seriously? That one takes me back a few years. Haha.

    Congratulations. I can't wait to see you . . . hairfree.

    P.S. Does it hurt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool! Wow! That would be a great surprise! :)

    See...kinda pays sometimes to have a blind dog I guess, huh?! :) jk

    ReplyDelete