2/11/2015

Miss Audrey Turns One

We had a party last weekend to celebrate Audrey's First Birthday. It was a lot of fun to plan and execute our little celebration.

My theme was a cross between "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "Leave a little sparkle wherever you go." I think it turned out pretty great.

A big thanks to my sister-in-law Steffanie who made me a custom Party Pack from her business "Minted Owl" that included the banners, cake topper, cupcake/sandwich picks, gold dipped A, and confetti. Also big thanks to my sister-in-law Linsday who made the adorable star cookies, the "Sparkle Bar" sign and helped decorate. And another big thanks to my mama who let use bedazzle her house and helped provide food and helped decorate.

Here's a little tour:

The full view of the treat table. There's sugar cookies, chocolate dipped marshmallows, chocolate dipped pretzel rods, chocolate drizzled strawberries, cupcakes and birthday cake!
A closer view of the goodies.
Strawberries + chocolate = delicious!
The cake I made and decorated - I was pretty proud of it!
A closer view of the cake.
A view of the lunch setup. Chicken salad sandwiches and fruit. 
Another view of food with the veggie tray (there was also ranch dip that someone eluded the photos) and star-shaped PB&J sandwiches for the kids. 
An Italian soda bar.
I made this station for people to write a little note to Audrey and then fold it into an origami lucky star. I then put all the stars into the shadow box in the picture to display on her wall.
I used the favors as a centerpiece for the table. I made the origami star boxes and filled them with candy for the kids. They also got a wand.
A close up of the star boxes. 
On the far right you can see the wish bracelets I made for the "Adult" favors. Each was handmade. The poem instructs you to make a wish as you tie it on and wear it until it falls off - then your wish will come true.
Of course, you need to see the birthday girl. Pardon her dirty knees, she doesn't walk just yet, and who's going to tell her she can't go outside and play on her birthday?
Big smiles.
Do you love her little tiara?
Happy 1st, Miss Audrey. We love you!

4 comments:

  1. Much obliged for composing such a decent article, I bumbled onto your blog and read a couple of post. I like your style of composing... Well read international urdu news paper to get more updated ad informed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you shared in the article, thank you for that, it has given me more experience. I would like to share with you some interesting things, if you have free time and want to find a tool for fun read it now.babies smile quotes Read and ponder the good quotes of life below, you will surely draw in life's own deep lessonstruyện 18+ hay nhất mọi thời đạiOr you can go and search for the most fun games to play likenhạc chuông minion. Surely what I'm introducing to you will not disappoint you. Please click and experience. Having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Relx Pod Kit

    ReplyDelete