10/05/2011

Spoiled Rotten

Well, my birthday turned out to be a fantastic day.  Geoff and I started out the day "early" and went out for breakfast at Denny's (you get a free Grand Slam on your birthday!).  Geoff enjoyed a bacon avocado breakfast burrito and I had a grand slam with scrambled eggs (6 weeks 'til I can have over-medium again!), turkey bacon, hash browns, and pancakes. 

While there, Geoff surprised me with my first gift of the day.  A beautiful ring.  I recently lost (and then found) my class ring I wear on my right hand.  It was a very sad day for me when I lost the ring, because I pretty much haven't taken it off since the day I got in back in 2004.  So, to replace it, Geoff got me this beautiful ring.  Neither the class ring nor the new ring fit my pregnant sausage fingers, so once the baby is born, I'll have the most beautiful hands around. 

We then hurried home to catch the first session of General Conference.  What a treat to have conference on my birthday.  Really.  Before the session started, I opened up a Victoria's Secret box I had received the day before from my mom (and dad).  Inside was a super soft, full length lavender robe.  It's going to be perfect for all those late night feedings and early morning feedings and mid-day feedings.  Haha  Between sessions I made lunch and started baking my cake (chocolate cake with raspberry filling and marshmallow fondant).  Geoff also surprised me with another gift - an apple peeler/corer.  Needless to say, we had apples with lunch!  I also checked the mail to find birthday cards from my sister-in-law and mom (complete with a Tuesday Morning gift card!)

After the second session, Geoff presented me with my third and final present of the day - a refinished dresser.  Since we got married we have not had a dresser in our bedroom.  We've always made do with cheap plastic drawers hidden in the closet.  So, from a practical standpoint I'm thrilled to have a dresser!  From a design standpoint, I'm SO excited about how he refinished it.  It's perfect.  He had been secretly working down in the basement for days - and I had no idea what he was doing down there.  I couldn't have been more surprised or excited.  Sorry that the pic is in the basement, but we're still toying with the furniture arrangement in our room, so I'll give a more "official" picture later. 

Monday I got another gift in the mail from the parents - a fantastic set of eye shadows, blushes and lipstick from Sephora.  I've already tried a few of the colors and can't believe how fun it is to have so many options when I'm getting ready!

My mother-in-law called to tell me I should be getting something else soon, too.  So, I'm STILL in the process of being spoiled. 

Thanks to everyone who made my day wonderful.  I'm sorry to those of you whose phone calls I missed - but know that you made my day even better. 

On to the next birthday on the list...just 4 short weeks 'til Geoff turns 26!

0 comments:

Post a Comment