10/26/2011

Documenting the pregnancy...

MY PREGNANCY:

Mother Name: Amanda
Age: 25
Birthday: October 1st
Height: 5'6
Father Name: Geoff
Age: 25 (although he'll be 26 by the time baby comes)
Birthday: October 31st
Height: 5'11

FIRSTS

Is this your first pregnancy?: Yes.  Yes it is. 
When did you find out you were pregnant?: Saturday, March 12, 2011
How did you find out you were pregnant?: I realized I was almost a week late on my period, so I took a test. 

Boy, was I surprised.
What kind of pregnancy test did you take?: Now that, I don't know.  I ended up taking a couple different kinds.  The first one I took (about 6am) was just one I happened to have in the bathroom.  The others we picked up at Walmart.
How many?: Three.  The one at 6am.  Then we went out and bought some more.  I took another that afternoon and another Sunday morning. 
What were your first symptoms?: Not too much.  Kind of just period-like symptoms: breast tenderness, mild cramping.
Who did you tell first?: The hub, of course.  He was wondering what the heck I was doing waking him up at 6am on a Saturday morning. 
Who was with you when you found out?:  I really wasn't expecting the test to be positive, so I took the first test by myself. 
Was baby planned?: Yes and no.  We weren't trying to stop any pregnancy, but we also weren't counting days or anything like that.  But, we were definitely ready for whenever it happened,
When was baby conceived?: Well, I don't know the exact moment.  Haha.  But some time in mid-February. 
How far were you when you found out?: 4 weeks, 5 days - almost 5 weeks.

MY BABY:

Due date: 11/14/11
Did you want to know the sex?: No doubt about it.
Do you know the sex?: Yes, I do.
If so, boy or girl? Boy!
Any names?: Nothing official yet.  But, we do have a few favorites. 
Any ultrasounds?:To date I've had 2 ultrasounds (with another scheduled tomorrow). The first was at my first appointment at 11 weeks. And then again at 18. Pictures below.  
11 weeks
18 weeks
Have you heard the heartbeat?: Many a time.  His heart rate has hung out around 145-155 throughout the pregnancy.  There's very little I like more than listening to his heart pump along.
Who do you think baby will look like?
My money is betting that he'll look like his dad.  But, we'll have to wait and see.
Will baby have any siblings?: Eventually, I'm sure.  But, for now, we're just focusing on the one. 
When did you first feel the baby move? I first felt movement at about 15 weeks.  I'd actually been feeling it for a week or so before that, but didn't really realize what it was. 
When did you start to show?: Oh, that's a good question.  I felt like I was showing around 15 or 18 weeks, but most people would have probably just thought I was packing on the pounds.  I wouldn't say I looked noticeably pregnant until about 20 or 22 weeks. 
25 weeks
How long could you wear your regular clothes? Honestly, not all that long.  By 12-14 weeks or so I was in maternity pants exclusively - my hips seem to have taken the brunt of my pregnancy weight, oddly enough.  I was able to wear my normal shirts for a long time.  Close to 28 or 29 weeks. 
Are you excited?: There aren't words!

MISCELLANEOUS:

Did you have morning sickness?: Not really.  A little bit of nausea here and there, but never a visit to the porcelain throne.
Do you have any cravings?: Not a ton.  Chocolate milk has probably been my biggest craving.  That and cup o' noodles/top ramen/mac and cheese.  The saltier, the better for me. 
Do you have any mood swings?: Oh, sure.  Nothing too bad, I don't think.  But I have had a few outbursts.  I remember one morning I was getting ready for work and I had to do in-house training that day - so I needed to dress business casual.  I couldn't find my maternity slacks to save my life...I'm pretty sure I threw a temper tantrum that morning.  :)
Are you a high risk pregnancy?: I haven't been.  Everything has gone just about as smoothly as one could ask for until my blood pressure started to rise last week.  Now I've been diagnosed with PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) and I'm on bed rest to keep my BP down. 
Any complications?: Just the PIH explained above.
Formula or breastfeeding?: I will be breastfeeding.
Have you bought anything for baby yet?: What haven't I bought for baby.  He's pretty much ready to go.  Crib, changing table, bouncer, rocker, clothes, diapers, wipes, baby monitor, blankets...
Who will help with baby after their born?:  Geoff will get a week off from work and Mama G will come out for a couple weeks. 
What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?:  Bonding with my little man.  Feeling him move and wiggle and grow.  It's really about the coolest experience a girl could ask for.
What is the worst thing about being pregnant?:  Um.  Probably just the general difficulty getting around.  It takes far too long to peel myself out of bed or the couch to use the restroom, let alone just rolling over during the night.
What's one thing do you miss doing since being pregnant?:  Just one?  Haha.  I miss diet soda probably the most. 
Any days you wish you weren't pregnant?: Nope.  Not every day has been a dream, but I wouldn't trade any of the experiences. 
Are you ready for baby?:  I am ready!
How many kids do you want?: It's a little soon to be asking me this question.  Right now, I'm just going to get a handle on the one.  But, probably 2-4.
Do you talk to your baby?: I sure do. 
Do you still feel attractive?: Most days.  It really helps if I take the time to put on makeup.  There's nothing attractive about the way I have to heft myself around, but once I'm up, I think I'm still pretty cute.  The hub seems to think so, too.
Have you had your baby shower yet?: Yes.  I blogged about it.
How far along are you now?: 37 weeks, 2 days

0 comments:

Post a Comment