9/30/2011

Twenty-five!

Over the last three years of blogging (yes, THREE years), I have had some pretty good birthday posts (here, here, and here).  I feel like this year should be something really special seeing as how I'm hitting the quarter-century mark.  Alas, don't get your hopes up too high. 

This has been a big year for me - as I have spent pretty much the entirety of it growing a person and preparing to become a parent.  This has been our first year living in our home.  My best friend got married.  My parents moved to their dream home (which I still have yet to see!).  My brother's first-born turned 1.  My sister-in-law brought a[nother] beautiful baby girl into the world.  Geoff and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. 

Yes, it's been a great year. 

So, although this post isn't as awesome as my previous birthday posts, I hope it will do.  Each year my life seems to just be getting better and better.  And now that little "Ace" is getting ready to join us, I can't think of anything more wonderful to look forward to in my 25th year then becoming a mom and watching this little guy grow up. 

Have a piece of cake on my behalf this weekend.  I'm going to make mine with marshmallow fondant. 

3 comments:

  1. Dream house won't be complete until my whole family is siting around the table having Christmas fondue! Happy 25th my beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, want to wish yiou a happy birthday! And I am so happy fr your new litle baby. I do feel bad for your Mom as she will want to stay with you longer and then she will be so homesick for you all. I am glad that you will be together at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a great birthday :)

    ps remember that time when we made fondant?

    ReplyDelete