9/06/2011

Practice run?

Anyone who is also my Facebook friend is probably wondering the details about my visit to the Doc this weekend and my giant IV bruise.  Well, I'll give you the short and simple of it. 

Late Friday night (I guess it was technically Saturday morning), I started having quite a bit of pain in my uterus.  Shortly thereafter, it became unclear if my water may have broken (sparing you the details).  I called the after hours line at the birthing center and told them what was going on.  They wanted me to come in so they could check on me and my amniotic fluid and make sure everything was okay.

Well, after I got in, they immediately tested to see if I was leaking amniotic fluid and we got the (welcome) news that I wasn't.  However, the monitors were showing that I was having contractions about every minute (what they termed an "angry uterus").  At first they weren't terribly painful, but they started to increase in discomfort.  So, they wanted to make sure they could get those to stop before they let me go home.  So, they did a handful of tests and whatnot to ensure that I wasn't in active labor and the contractions weren't "getting us anywhere."  They gave me an IV to get my hydrated and a quick ultrasound to measure the fluid around the baby. 

Thankfully, all the tests came back positive (or negative, whichever was preferable) and about 3 hours later (3:30am) we were sent home with orders for me to take it easy over the weekend and pay close attention to my body and baby.  

Little "Ace" was a champ throughout the whole thing and showed no stress or other issues. 

It was a good reminder to me to slow down, especially as I get further along.  I want to just "go, go, go" like I'm used to, but it's not good for me or this little man if I do. 

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers, but I'm gonna keep this bun in the oven quite a bit longer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment