9/29/2011

Traveling Man

Yesterday I arrived home from work to a delightful surprise on my front stoop.

A [very] large box taunted me with it's baby-toting contents.

I waited for Geoff to get home to rip into the box - and we were so excited to pull out Baby's travel system: car seat, base and convertible stroller.

Grandma and Grandpa Gamblin have already starting spoiling their little grandson and we could not be more appreciative. Grandpa picked the design (and it's a fantastic design, if you ask me!).

I posted some pics on facebook late last night and got hit with the reality stick when my sister-in-law commented to say "You are gonna bring home a baby in that carseat."

It's still all feeling a little conceptual at this point - but in as few as 4 or 5 weeks (but hopefully much closer to 6 and 1/2), we could be bringing a little baby home in that carseat. The infant insert is SO tiny. I can't believe the hospital is going to let me go home with such a tiny little person. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. These Grandpa and Grandma Gamblin folk sound awesome. But really old.

    We're going to have to work on the vernacular. Suggestions, anyone?

    I am happy that you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember feeling like the hospital needed to give training classes before they would send me home with a baby. And then when it was time to bring Cole home, it was so instinctive. I knew what I needed to do.I was confident, but still terrified.

    You are going to be a great momma! I can't wait to see him in that seat.

    ReplyDelete