5/01/2012

Parker Family Recap

So, as usual, it's been awhile since I've posted.  Between work, baby care, cooking, cleaning, meal planning and shopping, bill pay, general errand running, laundry, being bitten by the spring cleaning/organization bug, and general lack of desire to look at a computer screen outside of the office, it's been hard.  I won't lie. 

I love blogging.  I was reviewing some posts from awhile back and realizing that my blog used to be FUN and random and it's so full of memories!  I'm sad that it's been a bit neglected and that some of the newer memories we've been making with our little man-face won't be documented here (like, for example, the trip we took to Utah in April for a family party and Will's baby blessing - I'll try to blog about that all some time!).  Alas, I'm not here to make any grand promises of change - because blogging is just SO far down on my priority list.  But, when I do have a minute, I'll do my best to keep from getting too far behind. 

So, here's a little recap on the fam (we'll end with Will in a ploy to try to get you to read through to the end):

Geoff: Geoff is taking finals this week.  This means he is just TWO semesters away from graduation.  He's already registered for all of his classes through to the end and it's starting to feel pretty real - although still daunting.  He's a rock star in my eyes.  Juggling full time school, full time work, and full time day-care for the Willie Bean is some serious work, and he navigates it like a champ.  Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that it's all worth it for Will to be at home with his pop and not in day care full time (both from a nurturing and financial standpoint). 

He is still working as a pharmacy tech during the nights and weekends and Will and I love to visit him for lunch breaks on Saturday and Sunday. 

Amanda: I'm doing well.  Will is slowly, but surely, starting to sleep better during the night, so that's helping me to feel a little more like a normal person.  I'm pretty much always exhausted, but it's operating procedure at this point, so I function pretty much as normally as possible.  In fact, recently I've begun to feel more and more normal - regaining my ability to clean and cook with any sort of consistency.  Haha. 

Work has been swamped and it's a little overwhelming, to be honest.  Pre-baby, when things got like this, I'd just stay until 7 or 8 at night and tie up my loose ends.  Now, since I both need to and want to spend that time with Will, my work hours are filled to the brim and beyond.  I'll probably need to start doing more work after he goes to bed to make sure I complete everything, but it's all still a learning process and I'm learning how to juggle as best I can (ensuring that Will comes first always). 

Geoff and I were making a list of all the improvements we've made to our house the other day and feeling pretty proud of ourselves.  In 18 months, we've put in a new kitchen sink and light fixture, put in a new (and AWESOME) ceiling fan/light in the dining room, added a deck and french doors to the back of the house, fenced in the yard, re-did the upstairs bathroom, and replaced the homemade swingset with a firepit in the backyard.  And I was pregnant for 50% of that time!  :)

Will: When we last left off, Will was just approaching the 5 month mark.  Well, this week he'll be 6 months old.  It's unbelievable how fast time passes.  He gets smarter and stronger by the day and it's so much fun to watch him grow. 

Foods he has now had: Rice Cereal, Oatmeal, Bananas, Apples, Sweet Potatoes, Pears, and Peas.
Coming this week: Potatoes and Carrots. 

He loved the pears, but pretty much eats anything with a happy heart.  Sometimes he'll make a little face at first when the flavor or texture isn't what he expected, but then he'll take more...and more.  He eats a LOT.  He's probably up to 5-8 tablespoons of food per meal in addition to his bottle.  I'm certainly anxious to find out his weight as his 6 month appointment in a couple weeks.  I'm still making all the baby food and I've found that I rather enjoy it.

He's getting to be a better mover (rolling and scooting around on his back) and I'm betting he's within a few weeks of sitting.  He loves music and books and his sippy cup and his face lights up when Geoff or I enter a room. 

So, all in all, the Parker fam is doing good.  Tired, perhaps.  Busy, indeed.  But good.  Happy.  And excited for the future. 

1 comment:

  1. This was a great post. So glad to hear that you are all doing so well. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete