9/06/2013

How Pinterest-ing

So, last night I rolled up my homemaker sleeves and tried a couple of new recipes from Pinterest.  I've made Pinterest recipes before and they have typically been successful and delicious.  But, I've recently had a Pinterest reawakening, you might say, and have gotten really excited about trying some new things.

So, last night I hunkered down and made these two beauties (captions are links):

Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

 
No bake s'mores cheesecake


The casserole caught my eye because it didn't use any canned cream of "whatever" soups or mayonnaise.  And it was delicious.  I even cut some corners and used minute rice and wild rice in those Uncle Ben's pouches and it's great.  The sauce is cheesy and creamy, but not overly fatty or greasy as they can be sometimes. 

The cheesecake wasn't quite as successful, but it was still super delicious. I think my primary failing is that I don't have a food processor, so I was using my blender and acting like that's a suitable replacement for a food processor.  I should have just used my kitchen aid, but by the time all the ingredients where in the blender, I wasn't going to dirty another dish.  Secondly, I have no patience.  It wanted me to let it set for 6-8 hours.  "Ain't nobody got time for that."  :)  So, I may have snuck a piece after 3-4 hours.  It wasn't set up very well - and even this morning after setting all night, it's not a cheesecake texture.  But, it is DELISH.

Once we find out the baby's gender in 6 days (don't forget to vote!), I'll be starting a quilt I pinned, so we'll see how my continued Pinterest inspiration goes!

P.S. Sad (read: pathetic) Story: After I made the delicious casserole and sat down with Will to eat, he refused to even try it and ate grapes instead.  I asked him to take one bite before he got down from the table which resulted in him throwing his bowl and spoon.  I cried.  I'd worked really hard and it was really delicious!  Pregnancy with a toddler can be rough some days people. 

However, after getting down from the table and seeing me upset, Will brought me his blankie, climbed on my lap and proceeded to take my spoon and feed me my dinner.  He even took a couple bites.  I'm a lucky mama, even if a little overly sensitive right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment