9/11/2013

Busy, Busy!

So, somehow Geoff and I got busy!  I don't even know what happened.  I mean, we are typically pretty busy because of work schedules and a toddler, but our evenings are rarely filled with too much after Will goes to bed.  But, we've been having some fun the past week and upcoming weekend! 

Last week:

Playing at the Stomper's Fun Zone. Go A's!
  • For Labor Day, my parent's treated the fam to an A's game versus our division rivals (Texas Rangers).  For anyone who doesn't know, I'm a HUGE A's fan and it's so fun to be back in the Bay, especially for a pennant race.  It's also very stressful.  Every loss feels like the end of the world.  Luckily, the A's won on Labor Day 4-2, so it was even MORE fun to be there. 
  •  Geoff and I went to a surprise birthday party for our friend Danny.  He is married to my BFF - so it was fun to see both of them.  Mama and Daddy G watched Will for us while we went, too, so it was nice to be able to hang out kid-free.  Although, Geoff did spend the whole party holding Danny and Amanda's baby girl, Rylen.  He had the magic touch - maybe it's time for him to get a daughter of his own?
  • I went to the Backstreet Boys concert with my friends Amanda, Krista and Mia.  It was great.  So fun.  And especially great to get out with those awesome ladies.  Hopefully we'll find an excuse to get together soon.
Jam on 'cause Backstreet's got it.
Upcoming:
I don't know why he's just chillin'.

  • 20-week ultrasound TOMORROW!  I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that this little one will cooperate so we can find out if baby is a boy or a girl.  If you still haven't voted - do it now! (You have to view it from a computer, not a mobile device, to see the poll).  Girl is winning right now by a teensy margin. 
  • Friday night we are going over to our friend's Robert and Melissa's house.  They are are first real "local" friends that we have made and it's so nice to have friends around.  They have a girl Will's age and they have a lot of fun together.  They also have a set of 4 month old twins - so that helps us be glad I'm only cooking one baby.
  • This weekend is Geoff's company's employee appreciation event.  So, we'll get another child-free evening to stuff ourselves with free food and I'll get to meet Geoff's coworkers.  It should be fun!
    Sliding!  Would you believe that view behind him?
We've been having lots of fun and are grateful to be settling in and able to make friends and plans.  Phew.  Now we just need time for naps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment