8/23/2013

Ring on a String

So, at this point in pregnancy where you look like you've been eating far too many donuts, not like there's a squishy, awesome little baby growing inside you and when you still feel well enough to be with busy sewing projects and painting but don't know enough about the little one to get started, you have to find something to do with all the baby energy. 

Sometimes, this leads me to the internet.  And the internet has all kinds of funny things to say.

I got into Googling the good ol' gender prediction
myths the other day and I, of course, started toying around to see what the predictions are for this little one. 

So, I tried the Ring on a String myth.  I never did this with Will, so it was really freaking me out when I did it the first time.  I tied my ring onto some string and held it over my belly and it started moving!  So, naturally, I started walking all around the house holding it over everything to see if anything else made the ring move. 

I held it over my computer - stayed still.

I held it over my sink - stayed still.

I held it over Will's cars - stayed still.

I held it over the dog - stayed still.

I held it over my hand - stayed still.

Put it back over my belly again - whoosh. 

I don't understand the mystical properties behind this myth, but it's freaking me out.  

P.S. Don't you wish you knew if it moved in a circle or back and forth?  Well, you'll just have to wonder for now!  But, to be honest, some sites say that a circle is a girl and back and forth is a boy, while others say that a circle is a boy and back and forth is a girl.  So - who knows what to believe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment