Real Life Returns

I feel like it's been forever since I wrote anything - and that's probably true! It's been a great couple of weeks, though.

Christmas Eve, I worked. After I got off work, Geoff and I loaded all of our stuff into the Passat and head up to his parents house for a few days. We spent Christmas Eve with his parents and three siblings still living at home - it was fun! We spent the night and woke up Christmas morning with them. Geoff and I opened presents for about an hour and a half and absolutely LOVED spoiling on another. I got an iPod dock for my office, two new pairs of shoes, a sweater, a fantastic Kathy Van Zeeland purse, video camera, 2 seasons of Desperate Housewives and a bunch of other awesome gifts!

Around 10am, the rest of Geoff's siblings arrived with their families and we had breakfast and a family gift exchange. My Brother-in-law Derek had drawn my name and gave me the Britney Spears Circus CD, of course, I was thrilled! It's a great CD. We played games and hung out for the afternoon, had Christmas dinner together and watched the new Indiana Jones on blu ray in the evening.

The 26th we loaded up Geoff's parents CR-V (which they were nice enough to let us borrow for the drive to California - since it has all wheel drive, it was preferable in potentially poor weather driving), stopped in Salt Lake to visit his grandma and then left for California. We made it to my parents house at about 6:30am on the 27th and I don't think I'll ever forget the look of shock and surprise on my parent's faces. It was perfect.

We spent the next week in California with my family - and I almost forgot how cold it is in Utah. We shopped, mini-golfed, bowled, went to the Oakland Zoo, celebrated the New Year, and had just a blast. We didn't have any bad weather during our travels, which is lucky this time of year!We did have one setback, however. We left to come back to Utah on the night of the 3rd...but the car only made it about 3 hours into the drive. We broke down on I-80 in Sacramento and had to call a tow-truck to get us. All of our Christmas gifts were in the car...so we had to carry a lot of stuff to the hotel. Luckily, Pep Boys is open on Sunday and had the part they needed to fix the clutch. It took them about 7 hours to repair it, and we left Sacramento Sunday at about 4:45pm. This also means we got home Monday morning at 4:00am. And I had to get to work at 8am. No doubt I'll sleep well tonight!


1 comment:

  1. It seems as though there is so much you forgot to mention--sort of going to the temple, lots of egg whites, Target at 75% off, fondue out the ying-yang, Uno in the Hot tub, the humpathon, Gee's hole-in-one, your vocal solo, the 500 meal . . . I could go on and on! Thanks for lots of fun. I'm missing you guys, minus the humping portion of our program.