12/23/2008

Frozen Paws

Well, Christmas is just around the corner now! We're gonna make it.
I work today and tomorrow, which I guess is okay. I'm not sure what else I'd be doing if I weren't here. Moreover, about 80% of the employees are off on their Holiday leave, so I have plenty of peace and quiet to get a lot of work done. :)
Yesterday, because of the storm, they sent us home from work at 2! We got 6" of snow in PROVO. That's, like, unheard of. The snow is piled higher than Rubio, which is more than I've ever seen in 5 winters here in the 'vo. Luckily the Mercedes got new tires yesterday, which has made driving around on the un-plowed roads (apparently Utah is out of money, so they can only plow the busiest roads) MUCH safer.
We didn't want to drive yesterday, but Rubio needed his Rabies shot. The vet is about 4 blocks away, so we decided to just walk. We bundled ourselves up, put Rubio's jacket on, and head out! Rubio really enjoyed our little walk in the snow, although he didn't like any unshoveled areas. He would bound through it (yes, mom, just like the Pixar short) and look so cute! But he was so cold when he got out. We ended up carrying him over any sidewalks that hadn't been shoveled, but it was sure a workout for us wading through the snow up to our knees, almost.
The forecast doesn't predict snow today until about 4, so I should be able to get a full day of work in (for better or worse). Christmas day is supposed to be a snow-storm all day - just pounded with snow. I guess I'll get to have my first white Christmas. I must say, however, I don't dream of white christmases...green sounds just fine to me!
Merry Christmas Eve's Eve!

3 comments:

  1. That is quite the adventure with Rubio!! Haha I love that dog. I really hope you find a way to embrace the snow, so it doesn't ruin your Christmas!! I love you Amanda, and thanks again for your amazing game and The Office!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling with the dog thing. Harvey would be too big for me to pick up though. I just looked out my window and saw Geoff and two others trying to push your jetta out away from the curb. Would it be that hard for the plow to take a detour up our street? Darn snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh little chicken, green Christmases are the way to go! I'll be having one (minus the actual green which is no longer in Dad's wallet!)

    Notice the extensive use of the explanation point! Sorry. I can't help myself.!!!!!

    Love you honey and Merry Christmas. By the way, I like the picture of Harvey on Liz's "thing". I've actually met him. :>)

    ReplyDelete