3/13/2013

Day Twenty-One: Something You're Proud Of

Something I'm Proud Of

Once upon a time, the Christmas after Mr. Will was born, Geoff bought me an acrylic paint set.  As a bit of a left-brained individual who struggles cutting a straight line with scissors, a gift centered on artistic creativity was unexpected. 

However, I'm always up for a challenge and to learn something new, so I embraced it and rolled up my sleeves.  I'm not one to be able to do abstract (impressionistic, perhaps), I had to find a photo that I could paint.  I decided on a newborn photo of the little man's feet. 

Below is the result.  I was really proud of this - and I really enjoyed doing it. I know the proportions are a bit out of whack, but it still far exceeded my expectations. I'll admit, I haven't done much since, but mostly because I'm unwilling to take on people, and I don't have a lot of photos of landscapes or other pant-able items.  But, I'm hoping to do more in the future!


0 comments:

Post a Comment