8/09/2010

Sky Mall

So, flying from Fargo to CA makes for a lot more travel time then the old trip from Salt Lake City to CA. The plus sides to these longer trips include: 1) more and faster frequent flyer miles and 2)more time to peruse the Sky Mall catalog.

Sky Mall is fun because it is full of all kinds of bizarre stuff that you didn't know you needed. But something about being up in the sky in an airplane, cut off from all outside communication is almost enough to get your thinking, "maybe I do need that Lord of the Rings chess set." And just when I'm ready to order - I come across the items that snap me back into reality.

Case(s) in point:
The Dog DryerI will bet you $100 bucks right now that the grooming system displayed in that photo is NOT on. If I even look at the vacuum wrong, my dog is off to hide in a small, dark, albeit safe, place. He's not gonna sit and vogue for the camera while I "gently blow warm air throughout [his] fur" with my overpriced blow dryer.

The Healthiest Deep FryerThe day I believe that my deep fried foods are healthy...is the day I've truly lost my mind.

Flip Fin Scuba FinsNow, granted, I am not an avid Scuba Diver (nor will I ever be - underwater creeps me out). But I think when you become a Scuba Diver you need to resign yourself to one simple fact - there is nothing normal about walking around in Scuba fins. Especially if they flip up and touch your knees. Useful, maybe. Normal? No.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss you so very very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahaahhahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahahahaahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I can't wait till you are here Amanda!! We will play so much!

    P.S
    Where is my letter? :)

    ReplyDelete