12/26/2012

End of Year Wrap Up!

Well, in case it wasn't apparent, I'm on the naughty list for bloggers this year.  I do take some solace in the fact that my blog feed in general has been pretty meager these past couple of months.  At least, it seems, I'm not alone.

I feel bad, though, as the last couple months around here have been pretty exciting!  Will turned one, we celebrated Thanksgiving, I went on a business trip, Geoff graduated from NDSU, we celebrated Christmas, we're taking a trip to visit Geoff's family in Utah next week.  All in all, a lot of happenings to document - none of which have been documented here!  So, here's a quick recap of the big ticket items.

November 4th, 2012:

Mr. Will turned one.  He got an ear infection on his birthday, so he wasn't the happiest of fellows (as evidenced by his rather despondent birthday photos).  However, he is anything but despondent.  At his 12 month checkup he was 30.5 inches and 24.5 lbs.  He took his first steps on his birthday and has loved the world opened up to him by walking.  He loves books and reading.  He is really starting to "talk."  He has a few words he's starting to use with a bit more purpose (dada, mama, and up being the most common words, but still not used regularly).  But, he is practicing his inflection and is asking about everything.  He started pointing a couple weeks ago and is constantly asking for and about all the things around him.  He repeats sounds really well and I figure it's just a matter of time before all that jabber starts to morph into words.  He loves food.  If I had to pick his favorites, I'd say grapes, chicken, turkey (lunch meat), beans, and broccoli.  But, he rarely turns down anything.  Although, he'll only drink milk and [sometimes] water.  No juice for this kid - which I don't really mind, except for I hate to give him quite so much milk!


November 22nd, 2012:

We celebrated Thanksgiving here in Fargo with some friends.  I cooked the turkey (yikes!), rolls, glazed carrots, a pumpkin roll, and a caramel pecan pumpkin pie.  It was delicious and fun to be with friends.

December  3-7, 2012:

I traveled to Albany, NY to conduct some follow-up training for a client along with another co-worker of mine.  It was the longest I've been away from Will and it was a week before Geoff's finals.  We all struggled a bit with this one, but we made it through.

December 14, 2012:

Geoff graduated from North Dakota State University with his Bachelor's degree.  I'm so proud of that man.  Now for the hard part, job hunting!

December 24-25, 2012:

We celebrated a wonderful Christmas, just the three of us, in Fargo.  We spoiled each other (as usual) and loved watching Will open presents and enjoy the day.  Mostly, we love any opportunity to be together as a family and celebrating the joy of Christmas together was really wonderful.


I did finally put [most of] my Christmas cards in the mail today (I'm still missing a few addresses).  So, after I give those a few days to start arriving, I'll post some our family pictures we had taken.

And, soon we'll be packing up for a much-anticipated trip out to Utah to visit with the Parkers.  It's been a long time since we were able to see them, so we're excited to get out there and get away for a bit.  

And in case I don't blog in time:

Happy New Year!  2013 is going to be a good one!


0 comments:

Post a Comment