5/20/2014

Family of Four

So much has been going on and how much of it is chronicled in my blog?  Oh, NONE.  Let me give a quick update and we'll go forward from there.  I am going to start setting aside some dedicated "blogging" time shortly, so keep an eye out for more regular musings coming your way!


Couldn't you just eat them up?!
1) Audrey is now 3+ months old.  She'll be 4 months on the 26th.  She is simply delightful.  She loves to eat her hands and chatter away.  She's a very vocal baby.  Will liked to make some noise, too, but not like this gal.  She's been a pretty good sleeper from the beginning.  She goes to bed between 7:30-8pm and "sleeps" until 7:30-8am.  But, we have a few wake-ups in between still.  She's not terribly physical (she can roll back to front, but is not a tummy time champ at all), but I think she's exerting so much energy on hair-growing, that something's gotta give. Other than that, she's just growing and learning and such a welcome little addition to our family.
Ready for a picnic.
2) Will is 2 1/2 now and he's his own version of delightful.  This is a really fun age and he's a really great little kiddo.  Since we last caught up he has given up his pacifier (pretty much his own choice - I'll write another blog about that later) and moved from the crib to a toddler bed.  I was nervous about so much change with little sis' coming on board, but he has adapted to her presence as if she was always here.  Will has never struggled with having her around.  We brought her home and it was as if she had always been there.  He's gentle with her and helpful with things she needs and generally tolerates her existence without any trouble.
Testing out his new camp chair before he and daddy went camping!
3) Geoff unexpectedly lost his job in March, so he's doing daddy daycare duty while he looks for a new one.  It's a competitive job market, but he's an awesome guy, so we are hopeful that he'll find something great soon.  He had the opportunity to watch Will when he was just a teeny one (he worked nights and watched Will during the day), so I think it's kind of cool that he also gets that time with Audrey at this age.  It's not something a lot of dads get.  Of course, we'd prefer he were working, but you gotta find those silver linings wherever they may be hiding.

Snuggling those kidlets.
4) Me!  I'm doing well.  Work is good.  Kids are awesome.  My house is nearly always a mess (hey, you can't win them all).  I really can't think of anything else to say about me.  There must be more, but I guess I'll mention it later.
Attempting selfies with a toddler.
Anywho, we'll call that "caught up" and, as I said, keep your eye out for more regular posts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment